Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Singapore Extreme Championship 2009

rps represent


As you all know, we (Samsul and myself) as well as our sponsor, Bahrom of RPS went to Singapore from the 28th to 31st August 2009 to join the inaugral Singapore Extreme Championship 2009 at the new East Coast Park skatepark.

samsul+eyan


We arrived SG on Friday and went straight to tge skatepark for registration and practice. 21 competitors registered for the competition from Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Brunei. We were so excited to skate the new park! The park was really amazing!!

practice


After the practice and hotel check in, we went to Orchard road with our SG friend, Jufri.

orchard road


The event was officiated by Singapore's PM.

sg pm


Saturday was the prelims. We were divided into 4 groups of 2 heats. Top 10 skaters were selected for the finals.

prelims
prelims2


I don't really know the exact results (heck, I didn't even know I made it to the finals until Jason of The Brunei Times called me on Saturday night interviewing me for the paper).

prelims4
prelims7
prelims6


But I do know Fazuly (SG) got 1st, Jatt (SG) got 2nd and Sarawuth Boonnim (TH) got 3rd. Those that made it to the finals were another 2 thai skaters, Syafiq (SG), Fariq (MY) 4th place, Syam (MY) 8th place and myself (at 10th place). Samsul was only a few points behind me at 11th.

prelims5


Looking back at his video, he actually dislocated his right elbow when he attempted true spin top soyale. Will get the video here if Bahrum ever upload that clip.

prelims8


Sunday was supposedly the final. But it rained the whole day, so the organizers had to cancel the event and used the prelims result.

prelims3


That's it from me now. Will continue with another post tomorrow. In the mean time, click here to read The Brunei Times news regarding the competition.
Brunei skaters to compete in S'pore.
'Perfect 10' for Brunei skater in Singapore
Top 10 finish for Mohd Shopian in S'pore

No comments: